How to use the Search Feature when "Force Search" Permission is on
This article demonstrates how to use the Guest Info tab when the Reservation Management permission "2090 - Force Search" is enabled for the PMS.
Step 1: Select the New Res button (or press the F2 function Key)
Step 2 - Enter reservation details
Proceed with making a reservation. Based on the type of guest you are making a reservation for, you may wish to consult one of the following articles for clarification on this process.
Step 3 - Entering the Guest Information
Proceed to the Guest Info tab to enter the guest information. When the Force Search Permission is turned on in the PMS, the first thing you will need to do is search for an existing Guest Profile.
Reasons for doing a Guest Search:
- Makes the reservation process move a lot faster
- Ensures cleaner reporting (ie: # of guest stays) and a smaller more accurate database
- Duplicate Guest Profiles can be created if you manually enter the Guest Information for a guest that already has an existing Guest Profile in the PMS
To initiate a search, type a minimum of 2 letters into the Last Name field, and click the Search button. The results will display above.
TIP: To narrow your search results, try typing the first letter or two of the guest's first name as well. You can also search by Loyalty Number.
The Guest History for the profile you have selected up top will now display at the bottom of the Search tab.
- Room Nights - This number indicates the total number of nights this guest has stayed at the property
- Stays - This number represents how many times this guest has stayed at the property
- Avg. Stay - This number is an average of how many nights the guest usually stays. It is calculated by dividing the number of Room Nights by then number of Stays
- Revenue - This number indicates how much money the guest has spent during previous stays
- Reservations - This number indicates how many future reservations this guest has booked
- Cancellations - This number represents how many reservations this guest has cancelled
- Previous Stay - The arrival date the of the guest's previous stay
- Nights - The length of the guest's previous stay
- Room # - The room number the guest last stayed in
- Guest Note - Any important notes that are attached to this guest's profile. These will populate on each reservation when this profile is used, therefore the notes should be something that you need to know about this guest each time they stay.
Choosing the correct Guest Profile
If the guest you are making this reservation for already has an existing profile:
- Select their name from the list up top
- Click OK to proceed with the reservation process.
Creating a New Profile
If the guest that you are making this reservation for does not have an existing Guest Profile, you will need to create a new one. To do so, click Create New Guest Profile.
Guest Data Tab
At this point the Guest Data tab will be displayed, and you can proceed with entering the guest's profile information. Â Note that you may still return to the Search tab if needed.
Once you have filled in the profile and payment information, you can proceed with any other remaining steps of the reservation process.