How to Change an In House Package Reservation to Include Multiple Rates
This article explains how to extend a reservation that is booked on a Package with a fixed length of stay (such as a 2 night package), using a different rate for the additional night(s).
To add additional nights to an In House Package Reservation, locate the reservation and double click on it, or select âChange Stayâ.
Convert Rate to Multi-Rate Reservation
Refresh to load Rates
Select the â+â sign next to the desired Room Type to display a list of available rates.
NOTE: The Romance Package that was originally booked no longer displays as an available rate. This is because the Romance Package is a 2 night package and the reservation has been changed to 4 nights. You will still have the option to select the Romance Package for this reservation, but it must be selected as a Multi-Rate and cannot be selected as your default reservation rate.
Using the Multi-Rate Module
Selecting a Default Rate
First, select the Default Rate that will appear as the Master Rate for the reservation.
NOTE: A "Package Package" (which has a fixed # of nights) cannot be selected as a Default Rate as the package limitations fall outside the reservation settings (ie: Our Romance Package is a 2 night package and therefore cannot be a default for a booking for 3 or more nights).
In this scenario, the last two nights of the guests stay is going to be on the Best Available Rate, therefore this will become our Default Rate.
Adding New Rates
The next step is to add the other rate(s) that you wish to apply to the reservation. The âAvailable Ratesâ column displays a list of all the rates available for the selected Client Type and Room Type.
- Name â this column display the name of the available rates
- Nights â if the rate is only available for a specific number of nights it will display here. In this example, the Romance Package is a 2 night package.
- Type â "R" indicates that this is a Rate, "P" indicates a "Package Package" and "I" indicates an "Inclusion Package"
- Ave. Rate â displays the average rate
Click on the rate in the Available Rates list that you wish to apply. In this example, the nights of the 23rd and 24th were on the Romance Package and we want the nights of the 25th and 26th (which we just added) to be on the Best Available Rate. You will therefore click on the Best Available Rate in the Available Rates box.
Applying the new Rate
The Add/Edit Rate box will appear. Fill in the following information:
- Rate â if you made a mistake and selected the incorrect rate you can use this drop down menu to select the correct rate.
- Start/End Date â select the date range for this rate to apply. If it is just for one night, the start & end date will be the same. In this example, the Best Available Rate will apply for the nights of the 25th & 26th
- Color â you can select a color to go along with this selection and this color will be reflected in the calendar.
- Override Rate â check this box if you wish to override the rate to a different rate. You would then enter the new rate into the âValueâ box.
- Default Date Range â check this box if you wish for the Override Rate to apply to the same dates appearing at the top of the screen. Otherwise, select the date range where you wish for the override rate to apply.
NOTE: The "Override Rate" option is not available for Packages due to the various different components that make up a package. If you are simply appending the additional nights on a regular Rate Plan (eg. Best Available Rate), you may use this feature if you have negotiated a different rate with the guest.
Once you have finished select the âOKâ button to apply the selected rate to the selected date range.