How to Move a Posting to Another Guest Reservation
The following article explains the steps required to move a posting from one folio to another on the same reservation, as well as from one reservation to another.
Postings can only be moved between In House Guests. You are not able to move (ie: transfer) a posting to a reservation that has not been checked in or a reservation that has been checked out.
Moving a single Transaction
To transfer a single posting (ie: charge or payment) to another guest reservation you can:
1. Right click on the transaction and select “Move”
2. click on the transaction line so that the black arrow is pointing towards the transactions and then select the “Move” button at the top of the folio screen.
Moving multiple Transactions
To move more than one transaction at a time, the “Select” button located at the top of the folio screen can be used. Simply click on the transaction line below and then click the “Select” button to highlight the line in blue. Continue these steps until all desired transactions have been highlighted. You may now use the “Move” button to move all the transactions at once.
After the “Move” button is selected, a box will appear allowing you to select where you would like to transfer the transaction.
Select the following fields to transfer the charge to another Guest Reservation:
- Destination Room – use the drop down menu to select the Room Number of the Guest Reservation where you would like to transfer the charge. NOTE: This list will only contain IN HOUSE guestrooms.
- Destination Folio – use the drop down menu to select which Folio would like the charge to transfer onto
- Note – this area allows you to add any additional notes regarding the transfer.
The Transferred transactions will no longer appear on the Guest Folio. This method can be used to create a cleaner looking bill for the guest.
Follow the link to read more about Folio Appearance Settings