How to Move a Posting to a Different Folio Number Within the Same Reservation
The following article explains the steps involved in moving a posting between folio numbers on the same reservation.
Moving a single Transaction
If a guest requests to have their charges separated onto different bills (ie: Phone calls on one bill and Room Charges on another), you can easily accomplish this using the “Move” function in RoomKey.
To transfer a single posting (ie: charge or payment) to another guest reservation you can:
1. Right click on the transaction and select “Move”
2. click on the transaction line so that the black arrow is pointing towards the transactions and then select the “Move” button at the top of the folio screen.
Moving multiple Transactions
To move more than one transaction at a time, the “Select” button located at the top of the folio screen can be used. Simply click on the transaction line below and then click the “Select” button to highlight the line in blue. Continue these steps until all desired transactions have been highlighted. You may now use the “Move” button to move all the transactions at once.
After the “Move” button is selected, a box will appear allowing you to select where you would like to transfer the transaction.
Select the following fields to transfer the charge to another Guest Reservation:
- Destination Room – does not apply for this type of move. The destination room should display the same room number as the Current Room number above.
- Destination Folio – use the drop down menu to select which Folio would like the charge to transfer onto
- Note – does not apply for this type of move.
Select “POST” to transfer the transaction.