Property Dashboard (F1)
The following article reviews the Property Dashboard, which provides a snapshot of the property's current and past activity.
The Property Dashboard is a snapshot of the Property. It provides information on past activity (ie: arrivals, departures, occupancy, revenue, etc…), as well as current up-to-date information as it happens (ie: expected arrivals, departures, occupancy, revenue, etc…)
Use the Date Selection at the top to choose which day's information to view. This can be the current date, or past days, but cannot be set for future dates.
NOTE: When viewing the current day's information, the End of Day information is projected data, and will fluctuate throughout the day. When viewing past dates, the information will be actual.
The Property Dashboard is divided up into 7 sections:
- Room Summary
- Reservation Productivity
- House Rooms
- Housekeeping Room Status
- Wait List
- End of Day Projections (OR if viewing a past date, this is End of Day Actual)
This section displays the Property Inventory.
Total Physical Rooms – this is the number of rooms available at the Property. It includes all rooms, including any that are Out of Order. It shows how many physical rooms are available for the selected date, for the month to date (MTD), and for the year to date (YTD).
Out of Order – this shows the number of rooms that are on maintenance for the date selected, for the month to date (MTD), and for the year to date (YTD). If the blue drop down arrow beside this number is clicked, it shows exactly which rooms are Out of Order for the date selected.
- Total Rooms to Sell – this figure is the total number of rooms available for sale for the date selected. This figure is the Total Physical Rooms minus any Out of Order Rooms.
- Currently Occupied – this figure only displays when viewing today’s date. It displays the number of rooms that are currently occupied in RoomKey. To view a list of the reservations that make up the currently occupied rooms, select the blue drop down arrow beside this number.
This section displays all the reservation activity for the selected date. When viewing today’s date, these numbers will constantly be changing as guests are checking in and out, reservations are being made and cancelled, etc…
A same day reservation will show as 'arrival' until checked in then it will move to walk ins / same day res
When viewing the Activity section for a past date, these will be actual figures of how many arrivals, departures, no shows, etc… occurred for that date.
NOTE: Clicking on the blue drop down arrows will open up a detailed view of all reservations that make up a specific figure. Those reports can then be printed using the Print button.
This area displays the number of Future Reservations that were created on the date selected.
The blue drop down menu can be used to view a list of the Future Reservations that were created. This report will display all the reservations created as well as the Total Revenue generated from the bookings.
These figures are only available while in today’s view. This section displays the total number of House Rooms that are checked-in to the PMS, as well as the number of House Rooms expected to arrive.
The blue drop down arrow beside these figures will show the individual reservations that make up these House Rooms.
Housekeeping Room Status
These figures are only available while in today’s view. This section displays the Housekeeping Status of all rooms in the property.
To view a list of all the rooms that are Clean (both Vacant & Occupied) select the blue drop down arrow next to the green numbers. To view a list of all the rooms that are Dirty (both Vacant & Occupied) select the blue drop down arrow next to the red numbers.
This section displays how many Wait List reservations are currently in the PMS. To view a list of the Wait List reservations, select the blue drop down arrow located in this section.
NOTE: Wait List reservations can be converted to actual reservations using the Property Dashboard. For more information on this process, see the How to Confirm a Wait List Reservation from the Property Dashboard section of this article.
End of Day Projections
This last section will show End of Day Projections when looking at today’s date, and will show End of Day Actual when viewing a past date.
Today (End of Day Projections) – these figures will constantly change throughout the day as guests check-in, check-out, reservations are made and cancelled, etc… These figures provide a forecast of what to expect today, but do not become “actual” numbers until after midnight.
End of Day Actual
Past Date (End of Day Actual) – these figures are the actual revenue & occupancy figures for the selected date.
Both views (Projections & Actual) will provide figures for the date selected, total month to date (MTD), and total year to date (YTD).
- under End of Day Projections we see Min Available, this figure represents minimum number of rooms you have available for sale tonight. The formula for this calculation is: Total Rooms Sold – Max. Occupied
- under End of Day Actual we see how many rooms were vacant for the selected date
- under End of Day Projections we see Max Occupied; this figure represents the maximum number of rooms expected to sell so far tonight based on the existing reservations in the PMS. The formula for this calculation is: Stayovers + Arrivals + Walk-in/Same Day Res
- under End of Day Actual we see how many rooms were vacant for the selected date
- Occupancy % - this is your occupancy percentage. The formula for this calculation is: Max. Occupied or Occupied / Total Rooms to Sell
- Occ % with Out of Order – this is your occupancy percentage if you were to include your total inventory and not exclude Out of Order rooms. The formula for this calculation is: Max. Occupied or Occupied / Total Physical Rooms
- GF Room Revenue – this is the room revenue that has been posted to guest's folios in the PMS
- Average Room Rate – this is the Average Room Rate based on the revenue posted to the Guest Folio. This formula for this calculation is: GF Room Revenue / Max. Occupied or Occupied
- W/O Complimentary – this is the Average Room Rate no including complimentary rooms, based on the revenue posted to the Guest Folio. The formula for this calculation is: GF Room Revenue / (Max. Occupied or Occupied – Complimentary)
- Average/Guest – this is the average revenue per guest. This formula for this calculation is: GF Room Revenue / (Stayover Guests + Arrival Guests + Walk in/Same Day Res Guests)
- CL Room Revenue – this is the room revenue that has been posted to the City Ledger
- Total Room Revenue – this is the GF Room Revenue + the CL Room Revenue
- Total ADR – this is the ADR for all the room revenue that has been posted on both guest folios, and the City Ledger. The formula for this calculation is: Total Room Revenue / Max. Occupied or Occupied
- Total Property Revenue - this is GF Room Revenue + CL Room Revenue + all other posted Revenue for the selected date
- Total ADR (GAAP) - this is the ADR for all Room Revenue + All Other Revenue. The formula for this calculation is: Total Property Revenue/Max Occupied or Occupied
- REVPAR – this Revenue per Available Room. The formula for this calculations is: Total Room Revenue / Total Rooms to Sell
End of Day Projections vs. Actual
When looking at the F1, some sections will change slightly when viewed under today’s date vs. when it is viewed for a past date. One area in particular is the Revenue & Occupancy figures at bottom right hand corner. When viewed under today’s date, this area says End of Day Projections. It is important to keep in mind that these are projected numbers and will fluctuate throughout the day.
Below, the expected Total Room Revenue shown is $6,455.00. This number will increase if new bookings are made, or decrease if bookings leave early, or are cancelled. It is important to keep this in mind when looking at these figures.
Changing Reservations from within the Property Dashboard
There are some areas within the Property Dashboard where reservations can be changed without needing to leave this screen. The blue drop down arrows highlighted in red below are the various areas with the ability to change reservations.
For example, by selecting the blue drop down arrow next to Arrivals a screen will appear with a list of arriving reservations.
To change one of the reservations, click on the reservation so the black arrow is pointing towards the correct guest name, and then select the Change Res button below.
The Reservation - Edit box will open, and changes can be made to the reservation.
How to Confirm a Wait List Reservation from the Property Dashboard
The Property Dashboard (F1) displays the number of current Wait List reservations in the PMS.
To view a list of all Wait List reservations, click the blue drop down menu beside the number of Wait List reservations.
From this screen, the list of reservations can be either printed by clicking Print, or they can be converted from a wait list reservation to an actual booking.
To confirm a Wait List reservation, click on the desired reservation (ensure the black arrow is pointed at the correct name), and then click Confirm.
A message will appear asking to confirm the conversion. Click Yes to proceed.
Once complete, the following message will be displayed. Click OK.
The booking is now a Confirmed Reservation and this is reflected in the updated Property Dashboard (the Waitlist Reservations are now 1 instead of 2)
Property Dashboard Reports
The Print button located at the top of the Property Dashboard can be used to print a copy of the Marketing Statistics: Property Status Report. This report produces all the information found within the Property Dashboard for the selected date. This report can also be printed by going to Reports > Statistics > Property Status.
Various other individual reports (ie: Arrivals, Departures, Housekeeping) can be printed simply by pressing the blue drop down arrows located within the Property Dashboard. After selecting the blue drop down arrow, the next screen that appears with the guest information populated will have a Print button located at the bottom of the screen.
Property Dashboard Permission
Operations > 609 Property Status
- Property, Owner & Clerk level permission
- When given, allows user access to Operations > Property Dashboard (F1)