Creating Custom Invoices
The following article reviews how City Ledger Invoices are set up, and shows how the invoice may be customized. This is for advanced users, and is not recommended as a general practice. For questions regarding Invoice Customization, please contact PMS Support during regular business hours.
The PMS offers the option to create a Customized Invoice to better suit your property or a particular client. You can create several different custom invoices within the City Ledger. To create a Custom Invoice go to Operations > City Ledger and select the Create Invoice Template menu at the top of the screen.
Understanding the Invoice Fields
The following report template appears after New Template is selected. Note that there are two types of fields:
- Text fields contain text that can be altered to suit your property. Changes to these fields will not have any affect on your report and can be altered by double clicking on the field. All the Text Fields are highlighted in blue below.
- Information fields contain formulas that allow the PMS to pull the appropriate information into the invoice. Use caution when dealing with these areas as we do not want incorrect information being pulled into our report. All the Information Fields are highlighted in red below.
Altering a Text Field
Altering an Information Field
- Double click on the field you wish to alter
- Text Editor box will appear
- Delete current information found in the top box
Adding Text to Bottom of Invoice
To add text to the Custom Invoice we simply copy & paste a text box field and then write the message into it. After pasting the new text box we will drag it to the bottom of our Custom Invoice and stretch it to fit the message.
To save the changes, click the Save button.
Printing Custom Invoices
There are two ways to print a Custom Invoice:
- Locate the Invoice you wish to print in the Open Invoices tab and then go to Reports > Invoice > Select Custom Invoice
- Locate the Invoice you wish to print, and double click on the Invoice to open the Details for Invoice screen. Select the Print Invoice button at the bottom of the screen. When asked if you would like to print the default invoice, click No