How to Use the Credit Card Reconciliation Report for RoomKeyPMS Payments
The following article will review how to access and use the Credit Card Reconciliation report to reconcile credit card transactions processed using RoomKeyPMS Payments.
To use the Credit Card Reconciliation report, the following criteria must be met:
- All computers at the property must use RoomKeyPMS version 220.127.116.11 or higher, regardless if they will be using the interface or not.
- A member of the RoomKeyPMS Support Team email@example.com must verify that version requirements have been met, and then activate the report for the property.
- Once activated, access to the report and its functions are permission-based; Reporting Permission 2400. Payment Reconciliation Report and Reporting Permission 2401. Payment Reconciliation Report (Match) are required and may not be available to all users.
When a payment is processed through RoomKeyPMS Payments, the batch number assigned to the transaction in TranSafe portal, will be saved in RoomKeyPMS database.
To access the report, go to Reports => On-Line Processing => Payment Reconciliation Report:
- the report will default to display the last three batches (unless new to the product) => In the example below, there is the current open Batch #125 and the past two closed batches #124 and #123
- on the left side of the report, are the transactions pulled from RoomKeyPMS
- on the right side of the report, are the transactions pulled from TranSafe
To see more detail => each section can be expanded by clicking the drop down arrow => in the example below, Batch #123 was expanded and then the VISA transactions were expanded:
If one or more of the report fields is not matching => the report will automatically expand and the difference will be highlighted. In the example below, the RoomKeyPMS side is missing the Auth# from the reversal => the transaction was still processed but it is simply an indicator that some value is different on the report:
Non-Matching Transactions => Manual Matching
Scenario 1 - Offline Posting and Reversal in RoomKeyPMS Side
Scenario 1 Example => an offline posting of $28.00 was posted and reversed in RoomKeyPMS => by hovering on the "?" icon, the description that was entered onto the folio transaction in RoomKey can be seen on the report.
When matching two offline transactions in RoomKeyPMS, the following rules must be met:
- Transactions must have the same Payment Type
- The amounts must sum to zero
To perform a Manual Match => select Edit => check the box next to the transactions that are being matched => click match => a pop up window will then ask which batch the transactions should be assigned to:
The transactions will now show in the corresponding batch => by hovering on the "M" icon, we see the clerk (RSI ADMIN) that performed the manual match is identified.
**PLEASE NOTE: although these transactions were manually matched on the report, they will not show in the TranSafe Batch, being that they were offline transactions; the decision to put the transactions in Batch #125 was based on posting date**
Scenario 2 - Transaction Exists in TranSafe but not RoomKeyPMS
Scenario 2 Example => a transaction was posted into TranSafe but prior to posting approval back into RoomKeyPMS, an internet/server issue occurred:
When matching a transaction from RoomKeyPMS to a transaction in TranSafe, the following rules must be met:
- Transactions must have the same Payment Type
- The amounts must be the same
To fix the issue, the property would post an offline transaction in RoomKeyPMS equal to the amount in TranSafe:
To perform a Manual Match => select Edit => check the box next to the transactions that are being matched => click match => transactions will automatically be saved into the batch that was assigned to the TranSafe transaction, in this example, Batch 125:
After the manual match is performed, the transactions will now show in the corresponding batch => by hovering on the "M" icon we see the clerk (RSI ADMIN) that performed the manual match is identified:
Undoing a Manual Match
Should a mistake be made, the Manual Match can be undone by going to the batch => click the Edit option (this will be displayed above the Manual Matched transaction) => select transaction => click Unmatch => the transactions will then return to the Non-Matching Transactions area:
Comparing to Batch in Transafe Portal
Properties that have scheduled Batch processing times in TranSafe:
- If property is set for auto-batching in TranSafe, as a best practice, it is recommended that the Reconciliation Report is compared to the Batch in TranSafe, prior to the scheduled Batch time
- If property does not have a night auditor that can check the Batch prior to the scheduled Batch Time => the Reconciliation Report should be compared the next day to the closed batch
Properties that manually complete Batches
- Use Reconciliation Report to identify discrepancies => apply required fixes, if needed
- Compare Reconciliation Report Total to Batch
- Settle Batch in TranSafe
On The Reconciliation Report, several warning messages have been implemented:
- Should a property have non-matching transactions older than 3 days => Credit Card Reconciliation and Batching must be performed everyday as this can affect the properties bottom line. Due to the fact that some properties have managers check reconciliation, we have put in the 3 day rule to cover weekends.
- Properties should not have Closed/Unsettled batches in TranSafe => either there was an error in processing the batch or a batch was re-opened and not closed **Re-opening of a Batch should only be done with a member of RoomKeyPMS Support**
Should the property need assistance with these issues, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org