How to do a Group Check-In
The Group Wizard allows you to check-in an entire Group at once using the Check-In Section. This can be used when a group is arriving together, such as a Bus Tour.
The following article reviews the steps to performing a Group Check-In in the PMS.
Room numbers must be pre-assigned prior to performing a Group Check-in. There are several ways to pre-assign Room Numbers using the Group Wizard
Method 1: Batch Assignment
Method 2: Individual Assignment
Method 3: Individual Assignment (upon Check-In)
You can click on the boxes under the Room # column in the Check-In screen, and use the drop down menu to select which room number you would like to assign to each guest.
NOTE: The radial icons to the right of the room numbers indicate the housekeeping status of that room:
- Green = Clean/Inspected,
- Yellow = Clean but not Inspected
- Red = Dirty
Group Check-In would usually take place when a credit card is not required upon arrival and you wish to expedite the check-in process. This is often the case with Tour arrivals.
- To perform a Group Check-In, open the Group Wizard for the desired Group and proceed to the Check-In tab. (NOTE: If room numbers have not been pre-assigned, assign room numbers to all reservations using one of the 3 methods mentioned above).
- Ensure a check-mark is located in the last column over for all reservations that you wish to Check-In at this time. (NOTE: The Deselect All button can be used to remove all check-marks from the list. You can then manually select which reservations to check in).
If a room is Dirty or Clean but not Inspected, the following message will appear:
- Select Yes if you wish to check-in the room anyway
- Select No if you DO NOT wish to check-in the room
- The Apply for all check-box can be selected prior to hitting Yes or No. If you check this box and select Yes, it will check-in all reservations regardless of their housekeeping status. If you check this box and select No, it will only check-in rooms that are clean & inspected.
NOTE: If your Clerk ID does not have the permission to check in to Dirty and/or Clean but not Inspected rooms, the following message will appear. In this case, the rooms will not be able to be checked in (under your ID) until they are marked as Inspected, (or Clean but not Inspected depending on your permission level) in the Housekeeping Module. The PMS will continue to check in all other rooms that are ready.