How to Check Out a Group with Individual Billing
Checking out a Group guest with Individual Billing is the same as checking out a Transient Guest, since the guest will personally be paying all charges on their bill.
NOTE: The Check-Out tab of the Group Wizard cannot be used to check out guests with individual billing.
To check out a reservation you must be either on the In House, or Departures screens. Locate the guest you wish to check-out and click on the reservation (ensure the black arrow is pointing towards the correct guest reservation). Select the Check-Out button located at the top of the screen (or select the F6 Function Key).
The Check-Out screen will appear with a list of folios and their balances located within the reservation that you are checking out. For this reservation there is only one folio, Folio #1.
This Folio has:
- Room Charges (RCH) totaling $250.00
- Other Charges (OthChg) totaling $198.99
- Taxes totaling $62.35
- There are no prior Payments (PMT) made on the folio, as the amount displayed is $0.00
- The total Balance of the folio is $511.34
There are three check-boxes in each Folio row:
- Print – check this box to print the folio upon checkout
- Post Pmt Here – When dealing with a single folio check-out, this box will be automatically checked. When dealing with multiple folio check-outs, check this box to choose which folio to place the payment on (in multiple folio scenarios, the check-box can only be placed next to one folio at a time).
- The Last Check-box – When dealing with a single folio check-out, this box will be checked automatically. When dealing with multiple folio check-outs, check this box to indicate which folios to pay. Based on which folios are selected, the Balance will be adjusted to display the new total payment required.