How to Create a City Account
This article outlines the steps to create a City Account within the City Ledger Module
Create New Account
To create a City Account go to Operations > City Ledger, and select the New Account button.
In the Main Information tab, enter the following information:
- Account Name – insert the name of the City Account.
- Address Information (Address/Postal Code/City/Province/Country) – insert the address for the City Account (NOTE: If you enter the Zip/Postal Code the City/Province(State)/Country information will automatically populate)
- Contact Information (Phone/Mobile/Fax) – enter any phone numbers you have for the City Account.
- Email – enter the email address for the main contact.
- Contact – enter the name of the main contact for this City Account.
- Tax # – enter the City Account's corresponding company Tax number
- Credit Limit – enter the credit limit allotted to this City Account. NOTE: A credit limit must be set if you wish to transfer charges from a Guest Folio onto a City Account. If the credit limit is not high enough you will receive an error message when attempting to transfer charges.
- Account Type – this is a free form cell. Here you may enter the type of account (ie: Employee Personal Account, Corporate Account, House Account, etc..). NOTE: Any City Accounts created via the Corporate Module will automatically assign "House" as the Account Type.
- Short Code – a 3 letter code may be entered that corresponds with the City Account Name. This short code may then be used to post charges to the City Account via a Point of Sales System (if a Point Of Sale Interface has been purchased)
Billing Address & Master Account Setup
Should you wish to add a second billing address to the City Ledger Account, proceed to the Billing Address & Master Account Setup tab. Enter the second Billing Address information. Should you wish for this billing address to appear on all invoices and reports pertaining to this City Ledger Account, check the Use Billing Address on Invoices and Statements checkbox.
If this City Ledger Account is to be tied to a Master Account, use the Select Master Account button at the bottom to search for the desired Master Account.
What is a Master Account?
If you have a company with multiple different branches, a Master Account can be used to tie these branches together so when you do a search for the Master Account, a list of all the corresponding branches appear as well. For example, Bank of the World is a City Ledger Account in the PMS. Many different branches of Bank of the World stay at your property and each branch has their own City Account under their own Branch name (ie: XYZ Bank, ABC Bank). By attaching the Bank of the World Master Account to each of these branches, when you do a search for Bank of the World, a list of all the branches will appear as well.
A list of City Accounts that match your search criteria will appear in a list below. Click on the desired City Account and press the Select button in the bottom right and corner of the screen.
Important Note: Master Accounts are their own City Ledger Accounts: therefore the Master City Ledger Account must be created first, before any another City Ledger Accounts can be attached to it.