How to Attach a City Ledger Account to a Corporate Account
Follow these steps if you wish to attach a City Ledger Account to an existing Corporate Account.
Go to Operations > Corporate
If the City Account does not yet exist you must check the Create a New Account checkbox to the left and then type the name of the account and desired Credit Limit manually into this area. Once the information is saved it will create the City Account in the City Ledger Module for you.
Select Post to save. A City Ledger Account is now attached to this Corporate Account.
Updating Billing for Existing Reservations
NOTE: Existing reservations will NOT update with the new billing, they will maintain the billing instructions the Corporate Account was set to at the time of booking.
If you want existing reservations to reflect this new billing, you must:
- Edit each of the existing reservations (by selecting Change Res). Make a note of what Client Type & Rate the reservation is currently booked on
- Change the Client Type of the reservation to Independent/Leisure (or any non-Corporate Client Type)
- Select OK to save changes
- Edit the reservation again (by selecting Change Res) and change the reservation back to the proper Corporate Client Type & Rate they were on before (make sure to double check the rate before you rebook).
- Select OK to save changes. The guest reservation will now be updated to reflect the billing changes you have made to the Corporate Account.
For more information on updating billing for existing reservations, please see the article How to Update Existing Reservations After Billing Changes were made to the Corporate Account in the Corporate Profiles manual.