How to Remove a City Ledger Account from a Corporate Account
It may be necessary, due to new billing arrangements with an existing Corporate Client, to update their profile by removing the ability to bill to their City Ledger Account (Direct Bill). This is not the same as locking an account due to non-payment, and would be used more in a situation where the nature of the agreement between the two businesses was updated through a contract change, renewal or renegotiation.
The following steps explain how to remove a City Ledger Account from an existing Corporate Account profile.
Open the Corporates Module
Go to Operations > Corporate
Update Room & Tax Routing and Billing Notes
Detach the associated City Ledger Account
Updating Billing for Existing Reservations
NOTE: Existing reservations will NOT update with the new billing, they will maintain the billing instructions the Corporate Account was set to at the time of booking.
If you want existing reservations to reflect this new billing, you must:
- Edit each of the existing reservations (by selecting Change Res). Make a note of what Client Type & Rate the reservation is currently booked on
- Change the Client Type of the reservation to Independent/Leisure (or any non-Corporate Client Type)
- Select OK to save changes
- Edit the reservation again (by selecting Change Res) and change the reservation back to the proper Corporate Client Type & Rate they were on before (make sure to double check the rate before you rebook).
- Select OK to save changes. The guest reservation will now be updated to reflect the billing changes made to the Corporate Account.
For more information on updating billing for existing reservations, please see the article How to Update Existing Reservations After Billing Changes were made to the Corporate Account in the Corporate Profiles manual.