The following article reviews the steps required to create a Maintenance ticket for a general area of the property, such as the lobby, restaurant, kitchen or pool. This type of ticket pertains to public, or back of house areas only, and should not be used to create maintenance tickets for guest rooms.
The General Maintenance area in the PMS can be used to track maintenance related issues throughout the property with the exception of Guest Room related maintenance requests, which should be tracked in the Room Maintenance area.
Proceed to Operations > Maintenance Module > General Maintenance.
Note that the General Maintenance area has two tabs. The UnResolved tab displays the list of unresolved, pending tickets for General property maintenance. The Resolved tab displays the list of completed tickets.
Creating a Maintenance Request
To create a new Maintenance ticket, click the New button.
Fill in the following information:
- Area - the area of the property where the maintenance issue is. This is a free form type area, however, once an entry is made and the ticket is saved, it will always appear in the drop down menu should it need to be selected again.
- Start Date/Time – when the designated area will be on maintenance
- End Date/Time – the date when the designated area will reopen
- Company Name – if an outside company is doing the work, put their name here. This is a free form type area, however, once an entry is made and the ticket is saved, it will always appear in the drop down menu should it need to be selected again.
- Contact Info – if an outside company is doing the work enter the name of the contact person, phone or email
- Assigned To – who will be doing the actual work (the Maintenance Department, or a specific individual)
- Request – what needs to be done for this Maintenance Request
- Notes – any additional notes that may need attention (internal only, will not print on Maintenance Report)
When finished, click Post to save.
Editing or Deleting a Maintenance Request
To Edit a ticket (ie. change dates), select the corresponding ticket in the list (be sure the black arrow is pointing toward the desired maintenance ticket), and click Edit. Once the changes have been made, click Post to save.
To Delete, select the corresponding ticket in the list, and click Delete.
Printing a list of Maintenance Requests
To print a list of all Maintenance Requests, click Print at the bottom of the screen.
A report of all open maintenance tickets will print, in the order the tickets were entered.
Completing a Maintenance Request
Once a Maintenance ticket has been completed, it can be marked as Done to move it over to the Resolved tab. To mark a ticket as done, ensure the black arrow is pointing towards the correct ticket in the list, and select the Edit button.