The following article explains how to use the Room Maintenance module to both create Maintenance Tickets, and put rooms on Out of Order.
The Room Maintenance area of the PMS can be used to track maintenance related issues for specific rooms in a property. It can also be used to place rooms Out of Order for scheduled maintenance, or to hold rooms over for housekeeping or various other reasons.
Proceed to Operations > Maintenance Module > Room Maintenance
Note the Maintenance Status area, with 3 radial dials:
- Not Done - When selected, will show any outstanding maintenance requests for the selected room
- Done - When selected, will show all completed maintenance requests for the selected room
- All - When selected, will show all outstanding & completed maintenance requests for the selected room
Creating a Room Maintenance Request
To start a Room Maintenance ticket, the desired room must first be selected. There are two ways to locate rooms:
- By the Room Type drop down, allowing room numbers to be filtered by a specific room type
- By the Room No. drop down, allowing search and selection of a specific room. If the Room Type filter is being used, this list will only show the room numbers within the chosen Room Type
Fill in the necessary information:
- Start Date/Time – note the date the maintenance request will begin
- End Date/Time – note the date the maintenance request will end
- Company Name – if an outside company is doing the work, put their name here. This is a free form type area, however, once an entry is made and the ticket is saved, it will always appear in the drop down menu should it need to be selected again
- Contact Info – if an outside company is doing the work enter the name of the contact person, phone or email
- Assigned To – who will be doing the actual work (if it is assigned to the Maintenance Department you may put Maintenance)
- Request – what needs to be done for this Maintenance Request
- Notes – any additional notes that may need attention (internal only, will not print on Maintenance Report)
- Take the Room Out of Service – check this box if you wish to place the room Out of Order during the selected time period. NOTE: If the room is occupied and staying over, it cannot be put out of order. If the room is departing today, it can be scheduled to go Out of Order after the guest checks out.
- Post Expense to HOA? – this feature can be used by properties that use our Owner's Accounting software. For more information on this feature please see the Owner's Accounting manual.
Once done, click Save.
Viewing Out Of Order Rooms in the PMS
There are various areas in the PMS where Out of Order Rooms will recorded.
Room Assignment Calendar
Out of Order rooms are indicated in the box at the bottom of the Assignments page.
Out of Order Rooms are shown at the bottom of the Inventory Calendar (Operations >Inventory Calendar). By clicking on the Date header, the Inventory Detail report for that day will display. Information about Out of Order rooms appears at the bottom of the report.
Editing a Room Maintenance Request
To Edit a ticket (ie. change dates), select the corresponding ticket in the list (be sure the black arrow is pointing toward the desired maintenance ticket), and click Edit. Once the changes have been made, click Save.
Room Maintenance tickets cannot be deleted. Instead, they must be marked as done.
Printing a list of Room Maintenance Requests
To print a list of Maintenance tickets, click Print Options. There are two options:
- Print Selected Room - prints outstanding tickets associated with the current, selected room only
- Print All Rooms - prints all outstanding tickets for all rooms, by date range, and by Maintenance Status
Print All Rooms
Completing a Room Maintenance Request
Once a Maintenance ticket has been completed, it can be marked as Done. To mark a ticket as done, ensure the black arrow is pointing towards the correct ticket in the list, and select the Edit button.