It may be necessary, due to new billing arrangements with an existing Wholesaler, to update their profile by removing the ability to bill to their City Ledger Account (Direct Bill). This is not the same as locking an account due to non-payment, and would be used more in a situation where the nature of the agreement between the two businesses was updated through a contract change, renewal, or renegotiation.
The following steps explain how to remove a City Ledger Account from an existing Wholesaler Account profile.
Open the Wholesalers Module
Go to Operations > Wholesaler
Select the Wholesaler Account with the City Ledger Account to be removed (ensure the black arrow is pointing towards the account name), and click Modify.
Update Room & Tax Routing and Billing Notes
Ensure folio number is set to 1 - If you are removing a City Ledger Account from a Wholesaler Account and these guests are now responsible for all of their own charges, then you must set room charges to post to Folio 1
Detach the associated City Ledger Account
To remove the City Ledger Account:
- Uncheck the Has City Account box located in the top right hand corner of the General Tab. This will remove the City Ledger from the Wholesaler Account
- Click Post to save
The City Account has now been removed from this Wholesaler Account.
Updating Billing for Existing Reservations
NOTE: Existing reservations will NOT update with the new billing, they will maintain the billing instructions the Wholesaler Account was set to at the time of booking.
If you want existing reservations to reflect this new billing, you must:
- Edit each of the existing reservations (by selecting Change Res). Make a note of what Client Type & Rate the reservation is currently booked on
- Change the Client Type of the reservation to Independent/Leisure (or any non-Wholesaler Client Type)
- Select OK to save changes
- Edit the reservation again (by selecting Change Res) and change the reservation back to the proper Wholesaler Client Type & Rate they were on before (make sure to double check the rate before you rebook).
- Select OK to save changes. The guest reservation will now be updated to reflect the billing changes made to the Wholesaler Account.
For more information on updating billing for existing reservations, please see the article How to Update Existing Reservations After Billing Changes were made to the Wholesaler Account in the Wholesaler manual.