How do I assign rooms to my Inspectors?
The following article explains how to assign rooms to Inspectors for final inspection.
As many properties require rooms to be inspected once an Attendant has done the initial cleaning, the same rooms can be assigned to an Inspector for follow-up, making sure the rooms are ready for sale.
On the Assignments page, click the Inspectors tab to view the list of Inspectors scheduled for the current day.
Even after all the rooms have been assigned to Attendants on the Attendants tab, they will still appear as unassigned in the Rooms list on the Inspectors tab, as they will need to also be assigned for that role.
On the Inspectors tab, the Rooms list can be found in the list to the right. From here, you can search for rooms to assign by using the drop-down filters, or find a specific room using the Search by room number or name box.
Out of Order Rooms
Any Out of Order rooms will also be shown in a separate box at the very bottom.
Methods of Assigning Rooms
There are several methods that can be used to assign rooms to an Inspector:
- Method 1 (Assign By Rooms) - Select a block of rooms from the Rooms list, then assign to a designated Inspector
- Method 2 (Assign By Inspector) - Select an Inspector first, then assign them a block of rooms
We will look at both methods individually.
Method 1 - Assign By Rooms
- Using the Rooms display on the right, filters can be used to help narrow the search for rooms that need to be assigned
Assigning to an Inspector
- Unlike Attendants, Inspectors do not have a Cleaning Unit Capacity, thus there is no workload to balance for them. To assign rooms to an Inspector, simply begin clicking on rooms to make the selection, and when all desired rooms have been selected, click Assign Rooms, and choose an Inspector from the list.
Method 2 - Assign by Inspector
Assigning Selected Rooms
- Once all desired rooms have been selected, simply click the Assign Rooms button. The rooms will now appear under the chosen Inspector.
Assign All Rooms
When using filters to narrow the selection of rooms to assign, it is possible to assign all rooms shown using the bulk action Assign All Rooms. This function allows for faster assignment of workloads, and is available for both methods of room assignment.