How to Create a Client Type
The following article reviews the steps of creating a new Client Type.
Creating a Client Type
Go to System Configuration > Client Types, and click New.
Enter the following information:
- Code – input an abbreviated code for the Client Type.
- Name – input the full name of the Client Type
Function – there are 7 function options when creating a Client Type
- Independent – Client Type does not pull information from any other area in the PMS, therefore it’s function is independent
- Corporate – Client Type pulls information from the Corporate Module (ie: if a Client Type with the function of Corporate is selected, then an associated Corporate Account from the Corporate Module must also be selected in order to complete the booking)
- Group/Tour/Convention – similar to Corporate, Client Type pulls information from the Group Module
- Wholesaler – Client Type pulls information from the Wholesaler Module
- Owner – any reservations made with this function will be tracked as Owner bookings in Owner Accounting (this function should only be used on the OWN Client Type)
- Owner Guest – any reservations made with this function will be tracked as Owner Guest bookings in Owner Accounting (this function should only be used for the OWNG Client Type)
- Exchange - used for owner exchanges. Example: Owner is not using their unit but is exchanging it with an owner of another unit (at another property) as an exchange
- Client Type Grouping (Optional) - This is a free-type text box. The user can create a custom list of Client Type Groupings and then group multiple Client Types into them. For example, this list of Client Types contains Group Corporate and Group Social, which are grouped together under a Client Type Grouping named Group
- Sort Order - This dictates in what order the Client Types are displayed in the drop-down field when making a new reservation. As a helpful hint, the Client Type that is most commonly used should be set to 1.
- Eres Promo Code (Optional) - Promo code used for Online Bookings in the legacy version of eRes 2.0. For properties using the current version, eRes Mobile, this feature is no longer relevant.
- Default Room Charge - Allows a default Room Charge to be attached to a Client Type. For example: if all of your Government bookings were tax exempt, then you may choose to create a Client Type called Government, and select a Tax Exempt Room Charge Code as your Default Room Charge Code to attach to it.
- Active - This checkbox indicates whether the Client Type is active or not
- Hide Rate - If this box is checked, the Room Rate will not be displayed on the Guest Confirmation or Registration Card. (This option is available on specific Rate Plans in the Rate Wizard as well).
Once all required fields have been filled out, click Post.