How to Email a Reservation Confirmation or Cancellation Confirmation
In this article we show how to email a confirmation to guests with a valid email address in their guest profile.
The Confirmation can be sent for confirmed or cancelled reservations.
Your PMS has the ability to email guests a copy of their Reservation Confirmation. Two things must be in place in order for your PMS to be able to email a Confirmation:
- Your properties email settings must be entered into the Registry that can be found under System Configuration -> Property -> Registry Tab. If this has not been setup, please speak to your Manager.
- The guest must have a valid email address on their reservation.
To email a Confirmation, ensure the black arrow is pointing towards the reservation of the guest whom you wish to send the Email Confirmation too and then click on the “Confirmation” button at the top of the screen.
The Confirmation Report will appear on your screen, press the black “X” button located in the top left hand corner of the screen to exit out of the Confirmation.
If the reservation has been cancelled, the header will appear as "Cancellation Confirmation" rather than "Reservation Confirmation"
When closing out of the Reservation Confirmation, the email box will open with option to send. Select YES to email a copy of the Reservation Confirmation to the guest.
NOTE: The following options are available when sending an email Confirmation:
- Email Type – The Reservation Confirmation can be sent in either a Text, or HTML format.
- Extra Attachment – An attachment can be added to the email if needed.
- Attach HTML copy of confirmation? – if “Attach HTML Copy” was selected when setting up the Email Registry Settings, then this box will be automatically checked. When checked, the PMS will send an HTML attachment of the confirmation along with the email.
Your PMS will then send the Reservation Confirmation to the email address located on the reservation. You will receive a message back to confirm the email was sent successfully.