How to Post a Charge
The following article explains how to post charges to a guest's folio in the PMS.
To post a charge to a guest folio, ensure the black arrow is pointing towards the guest who you wish to post charges to, and then select the âPost Chargesâ button.
Next, enter the following information:
- Folio â select the folio number where you would like the charges to post. You may select to create a new folio number from this drop down menu or select an existing folio number.
- Code â select the appropriate Transaction Code that corresponds with the charge you would like to post.
- Reference â the reference area will automatically populate with a description of the Transaction Code you selected. You may replace or add whatever text you wish into the Reference Field. In the example below we added the number of items that were laundered.
- Amount â enter in the base amount for the charge. If the Transaction Code has taxes attached, then the taxes will automatically calculate when you hit the âTabâ button. When you select âTabâ, if no taxes calculate then that means no taxes are setup to calculate on this particular Transaction Code.
- Voucher â the voucher area can be used to track voucher numbers on such things as Food & Beverage Credit Vouchers or perhaps a Spa Voucher. Once the appropriate information has been entered, select âOK/Exitâ to post the charge to the Guest Folio.
NOTE: You can select âOK/Newâ if you wish to post another charge right away without returning to the Guest Folio first.
Some Transaction Codes in the PMS may be setup as ârepeatableâ. This means that the Transaction Code posts based on one of the following:
- daily, weekly or monthly / per person basis
- daily, weekly or monthly / per room basis
- per stay / per person basis
- per stay / per room basis
When posting a charge that is setup as a repeatable you will see these additional fields appear.
Daily, weekly or monthly / per person basis OR Per stay / per person basis
- # Of Persons/Items â enter the number of persons that this charge applies too. If you enter 2, the PMS will then take the total of the charge and multiply it by 2.
- Repeat (daily) â if you wish for this charge to automatically post again you can check this box to set the charge to repeat. You may then select the number of days you wish the charge to post.