How to Reverse/Adjust a Posting
The following article explains how to reverse and adjust postings made to a guest folio in the PMS.
What is the difference between Reversing and Adjusting?
- Reversing â when you want to remove the entire posting from the Guest Folio you would use the Reverse function. For example: There is a $100.00 Pet Fee on the Guest Folio that you want to remove. You would use the Reverse function to remove the entire $100.00 posting.
- Adjusting â when you want to remove a portion of a posting from the Guest Folio you would use the Adjust function. For example: There is a $100.00 Pet Fee on the Guest Folio but you only wish to charge the guest $50.00. You would use the Adjust function to remove $50.00 only from the posting.
Locate the posting on the Guest Folio that you wish to reverse. Ensure the black arrow is pointing towards the posting. In this example, we wish to reverse the $20.00 Roll Away Bed charge as the guest did not use it.
- A box will appear, enter the reason for the reversal into the âReasonâ box below.
- Select "OK"
If the Transaction Code being used is setup as a repeatable (you have the option to have this transaction code post per day) you can choose to:
- Reverse only this one posting
- Reverse all in series, which means the PMS will automatically reverse all the corresponding repeated postings of this Transaction Code (past postings only)
Locate the posting on the Guest Folio that you wish to adjust. Ensure the black arrow is pointing towards the posting. In this example, we wish only charge the guest $15.00 for the WiFi Access.
Select the âRefreshâ button at the top of the folio screen to see the charge and adjustment merge into a single line item, showing the net amount of the two postings.
This feature allows you to present your guest with a cleaner copy of their Guest Folio. It also allows you to hide any adjustments that you may not want the guest to see.
Follow the link to read more about Folio Appearance Settings