Recommended Audit Reports and Packet
The Audit Packet is a paper record of the day's transactions and business performance, and should be kept on file in the event that the property ever gets audited, either internally or federally.
Though some of the reports required by each property will vary, we recommend including the following reports in the Audit Packet as a “Best Practice".
Reminder: All reports that are printed as part of the End Of Day procedure must be printed AFTER the Rollover Time has passed.
All reports that were run as part of the Essential Accounting Balancing should be included in the Audit Packet.
Additional Reports suggested to include are variations on those reports:
- Reports > Financial > Transaction Register Balance > Summary > date range should be the day that just passed
- Reports > Financial > Transaction Register Balance > Detail > With Guest Names > date range should be the day that just passed
- Reports > Financial > Journal Entry > Date From and Date To should be the day that just passed > Expand All
- Reports > Statistics > Property Status > run for the day that has just passed
- Reports > Statistics > Daily Operating Report > run for the day that just passed
Month End Reports
Each property should determine what set of Reports they require for Month End. Many of the Financial Reports listed above can be run for a one month period, and should be run on the 1st day of the new month, for the previous month. The Statistical Reports provide MTD totals, and should be run for the last day of the previous month on the 1st day of the new month. Again, all Month End reports should be run AFTER the property's Rollover Time, on the final day of the month.