The main Duplicates screen displays a list of guests that match the status and dates you selected and possible matching records.
We’ve tailored what we show on this screen to make it as quick and easy as possible to evaluate and quickly act on suggested matches. We show the most relevant information to determine if the records are duplicates: name, contact information, and the stay or stays associated with the record.
Often, just looking at these key pieces of information will be enough to judge if the possible matches are the same person.
Based on your evaluation of the records, you can take a few different actions:
Merge all suggested duplicates for the guest
- If you are satisfied that the records are a match, go ahead and merge them using the Merge button to merge all records shown on the card.
- The number in parentheses next to the Merge label shows how many records will be merged.
View additional detail to evaluate suggested duplicates
- If you want to see additional information to confirm whether the possible matches should be merged, you can view the guest records in more detail.
Dismiss a record that is not a duplicate
- If you are confident that one or more of the records on the card is not a match, you can dismiss the record that isn’t a match.
Here are details of what you’ll see for each record in the main Duplicates screen:
- First name and last name
- Associated stay information
- If the record is associated with a single stay or cancellation, we’ll show you dates of the associated stay
- If the record is associated with multiple stays, we’ll show you the number of associated stays
- We’ll also indicate which property the stay is attached to if the property you are viewing is associated with other properties
- The system bases its understanding of whether the stay is upcoming or previous based on the checked out date, so if you have no shows in the system, they may show up as an upcoming stay when the dates are actually in the past.
- When there is a phone number associated with the guest record
- You’ll see multiple phone numbers if there is more than one value associated with the guest record
- When there is an email address associated with the guest record
- You’ll see multiple email addresses if there is more than one value associated with the guest record
- Address (including City, State/Province, Country, and Zip/Postal Code)
- When there is a full or partial address associated with the guest record
- You’ll see multiple addresses if there is more than one value associated with the guest record
A note about the name, phone, email, and address: we show exactly what was entered by the person who entered the record or created the reservation, so you may see odd, misspelled, or invalid formats for some fields if that was how the information was entered.