If Multi Factor Authentication is enabled on an email account that is being used to send emails from RoomKey then an "App Password" must be setup in the email Security Settings and this is the password that will be used in the Registry Tab of RoomKey. Below is an example of a Microsoft Outlook account with Two-Factor Authentication setup and how to enable an "App Password".
- Login to your Microsoft Outlook Email Account
- In the top right hand corner of the screen click the area where you typically go to logout and select "My Microsoft account"
- Scroll down and select the "Security" section => Additional Security Options.
- Under "App passwords" select Create a new app password. A new app password is generated and appears on your screen
- Enter this app password where you would enter your normal password along with regular Outlook SMTP settings