The following article demonstrates how to use the Void or Refund function in MerchantTrack. This process will cause a Non-Matching Transaction to appear on the Payment Reconciliation Report and therefore you should always try to use the Reverse/Adjustment functions in RoomKeyPMS first. If there is an issue with the RoomKeyPMS Payments Powered By Fullsteam interface, you can use the process below to void or refund a transaction back to a credit card.
Please note, these functions are permission-based; therefore you will need RoomKeyPMS Payments permissions 4020, Void and 4030, Refund to proceed.
All computers at the property, regardless if they will be using the interface to process credit cards or not, MUST be updated to Version 18.104.22.168 or above. Please note, this credit card interface is currently available for USA-based clients only.
How to Void or Refund a Transaction in the MerchantTrack Processor Portal
- In the MerchantTrack processor portal, locate the transaction
- Select the blue Transaction ID number to view the transaction details
- On the Transaction Details page in the Actions section, select Void or Refund
- Void will appear if the transaction was made today, and it is before 8:00pm CST. Using Void will issue the money back to the account and the cardholder will not see the original payment on their credit card statement
- Refund will appear if the transaction was made on a previous day, or if it is after 8:00pm CST. Using Refund will issue the money back to the account and the cardholder will see the original payment as well as the refunded amount on their credit card statement
- On the Transaction Reversal page, select the Void/Refund Transaction button