Follow these steps to attach a City Ledger Account to an existing Corporate Account.
Go to Operations > Corporate
Click on the Corporate Account you wish to attach a City Ledger Account to (ensure the arrow is pointing towards the account name), and click the Modify button to the right of the screen.
- Ensure Folio number is set to 8 (only room charges posted to folio 8 will transfer to a City Ledger Account upon check-out)
- Ensure Attach Note explains billing instructions.
If the City Account already exists, use the “City Account” drop down menu to search for the existing City Account. The Search Box will open:
If the City Account does not yet exist you must check the Create a New Account checkbox to the left and then type the name of the account and desired Credit Limit manually into this area. Once the information is saved it will create the City Account in the City Ledger Module for you.
Select Post to save. A City Ledger Account is now attached to this Corporate Account.
Updating Billing for Existing Reservations
NOTE: Existing reservations will NOT update with the new billing, they will maintain the billing instructions the Corporate Account was set to at the time of booking.
If you want existing reservations to reflect this new billing, you must:
- Edit each of the existing reservations (by selecting Change Res). Make a note of what Client Type & Rate the reservation is currently booked on
- Change the Client Type of the reservation to Independent/Leisure (or any non-Corporate Client Type)
- Select OK to save changes
- Edit the reservation again (by selecting Change Res) and change the reservation back to the proper Corporate Client Type & Rate they were on before (make sure to double check the rate before you rebook).
- Select OK to save changes. The guest reservation will now be updated to reflect the billing changes you have made to the Corporate Account.