The following article explains how to view the Room Inventory calendar during the Reservation process. This can be useful in several situations, including when booking groups or wholesale reservations, as it will allow you to view what House Inventory is available outside of the Group or Wholesale Block.
The Details Button
- When booking a reservation of any kind, the "Details" button can be clicked to open up the Inventory Calendar. This will allow you to view extended information about rates and availability around the dates you are reserving.
- When booking Group or Wholesale reservations that are part of a block, the PMS will only show you the inventory available inside that block. All other rooms types will show an inventory level of "0". This does not necessarily indicate that those rooms are sold out, rather that they are simply not being held as part of the block.
Opening the Inventory Calendar
Upon clicking the Details button, the Inventory Calendar will open up, loaded with the dates you have selected for the reservation. Note that the room inventory displayed here is the House Inventory, or "outside the block". It now becomes clear how many of each room type you actually have left to sell.
Viewing other Rate Plans or Dates
Should you wish to view rates under another Rate Plan, or for different dates, you can:
- Change the Client Type and Rate Type
- Adjust the Arrival and Departure dates
- Change the Date Interval from "By Reservations Dates" to "2 Weeks" or 1 "Month"
If you have the option "Display Rates in Inventory Calendar" enabled, you will also see the rate info for the "Rate Type" you choose.
NOTE: To enable rate view in the Inventory Calendar, go to System Configuration > Property > Preferences, and check the "Display Rates in Inventory Calendar" box.