This article provides a basic overview of what Invoices look like in the City Ledger Module, including how to view them, and the different functions available.
There are two different ways to search for Invoices in the City Ledger.
- Using the Search button
- Using the Open Invoices tab
Option 1: Search Button
Click the Search button located at the top of your screen.
There are various ways to search for a specific invoice, they include:
- Based on the Invoice Number
- Based on the Reservation ID of the guest reservation whose charges were transferred to the City Ledger
- Based on a PO Number that was assigned to an Invoice. If you are searching by Invoice ID, Res ID or PO Number, check the box beside Invoices/Reservations and select the corresponding dial based on how you wish to perform your search.
You will then be brought to the Open Invoices tab where your Invoice will display in the list above. Double click on the invoice to open it. Note: The Print button located at the top of the screen can be used at this time to print the invoice. It can also be used if you wish to print an invoice listing report for this specific account.
Option 2: Open Invoices
Proceed to the Open Invoices tab located at the bottom of your screen.
Select the Account drop down menu located at the top of the screen.
Use the search field to locate the City Ledger Account where the Invoice is located. You may select the account from the list below, or type in the name of the account, account phone number or account contact name and select the Search button to bring up the account. Once the account is located, click on the Select button to view all open invoices for this City Ledger Account.
When you first enter the Details for Invoice screen you will be in the Details tab. From this tab you can view the following:
- Invoice Number – the number assigned to this invoice
- Invoice Date – the date & time the invoice was created
- Age – how old the invoice is (days)
- Invoice Name – the name on the invoice. This can be changed by using the Change Invoice Name button to the right
- PO Number – the PO number assigned to this invoice. This can be added/changed by selecting the Change PO Number button to the right
- Transferred Amount – if this invoice contains charges that were transferred from a Guest Folio, the amount of those will be reflected here
- Charge – the amount of charges that were manually posted to this invoice
- Payment – the amount of payments that were manually posted to this invoice
- Total Balance Due – calculated as follows: Transferred Amount + Charges – Payments
- Print Invoice (available in all tabs) – prints a copy of the Invoice.
- Post Charge – allows you to post a charge to the invoice
- Pay Invoice – allows you to post a payment to the invoice
- Close – allows you to exit the Invoice
If the amount transferred was incorrect, you can adjust the amount by clicking on the transaction and selecting Adjust Transferred Charge. To learn more about adjusting a transferred charge please see the article How to Adjust/Reverse a Charge in the City Ledger Manual.
Also within the Transferred tab there is a Transfer button. This transfer button allows you to transfer a transferred transaction, a payment or a charge to a different account OR a different invoice within the same account. To learn more about how to use the transfer feature, please see the corresponding "How to Transfer" articles in the City Ledger Manual.