The following article explains how to pay multiple invoices on a City Ledger Account using a Payment Credit on file.
Locate the desired Account
Go to Operations > City Ledger. Locate the City Ledger Account where the invoices are located. If you are unsure how to search for a City Ledger Account, please see the article How to Search for a City Account in the City Ledger module.
Once you have located the City Account, click on the View Details button or double click on the City Account name to open the Account Master screen.
Using Only Account Credit to Pay Invoice
Combining Account Credit with another Method of Payment
To use the Payment Credit on file combined with another method of payment, enter the following information:
- Transaction Code – select the transaction code that corresponds with the method of payment
- Reference – auto populates with the description of the transaction code select, additional information may be entered.
- Cheque # - enter the cheque number (this field will only appear if you are paying by Cheque)
- Amount – enter the amount of the payment being made
- Use Existing Account Credit of XXX – check this box if you wish to use the Payment Credit towards payment of the invoices
- Total Payment Amount – this amount will reflect the amount entered into “Payment Amount” plus the Account Credit. This total will reflect the total payment amount that will be applied to the selected invoices
- Click Next to proceed
Add Invoice - select the invoice you wish pay (ensure the black arrow is pointing towards the correct invoice) and click the Add Invoice button. The invoice will highlight in green to show it is selected and the amount of the invoice will add to the Applied Amount total at the bottom of the screen. Continue to add all applicable invoices using the Add Invoice button.
NOTE: Invoices can be removed from the payment list by clicking Remove Invoice.
Adjusting the Applied Amount (optional)
Partially Unpaid Invoices
If the sum of the Payment Amount being applied amounts to less than the sum total of all selected invoices, some invoices may only be partially paid, or left completely unpaid (depending on the payment option chosen).
In the below example, we see the Brookfield Fund Management Banquet invoice still has a balance. Using the First In/First Out option, there was only $1467.25 remaining from the $3602.21 payment, as all the other invoices were paid first. This left a balance of $747.75 on the invoice which still needs to be paid later.