The following article explains how to post charges to a new or existing invoice directly on the City Ledger.
Search for the desired Account
Go to Operations > City Ledger. If the Invoice already exists, locate the Invoice where you wish to post the charge. If you are unsure how to locate an invoice, please see the article How to Search for an Invoice in the City Ledger module.
If the charge is to be posted to a new Invoice, create the new Invoice. If you are unsure how to create an invoice, please see the article How to create a New Invoice in the City Ledger module.
Charges can be posted either from the following areas:
- the Open Invoices tab
- the City Ledger Account Master Screen
- the Details for Invoice screen
Posting from the Open Invoices Tab
Posting from the City Ledger Account Master Screen
Posting from the Details for Invoice screen
After clicking Post Charge in any of the 3 areas, a box will open. Fill in the following information:
- Transaction Code – select the appropriate transaction code using the drop down menu
- Reference – description of the Transaction Code being used, you can add additional information if required
- Charge Amount – enter the amount to be charged (if taxes are applicable they will calculate automatically)
- Click OK to post charge