The Message Center in the PMS can be used to create tasks, or communicate between staff, departments, and even chained properties. The following article reviews how to create a Log Book entry.
- Go to Operations > Message Center
- Select New Entry
NOTE: The ideal function of the Log Book is to have 1 entry per day, with each person adding information into the same Log Book entry. Another possible method is to have several Log Book entries, one for each shift (ie: AM, PM, Night Audit)
The Sent Items tab will show that the message was sent to all clerks notifying them of a new Log Book entry.
The columns are:
- The icon for Log Entries
- The name of the message sender
- The Subject from the Log Book entry
- The list of recipients for the message, and how many have read the message
- The time the message was sent today. Tomorrow, this will show the original date the message was sent
All Clerks will then receive a notification that they have a new message. This message will appear while logged into the PMS, and will also appear when a user first logs in (approx 30 seconds after logging in). By clicking the Click to View link, the user will be brought directly to the Message Center in the PMS.