The Message Center offers the ability to create tasks which can be assigned to a specific user, or a group of users. Tasks can be a one time occurrence, or can be repeated on a time basis, with reminders set.
The following article reviews how to create a task in the Message Center.
Creating a General Task
Proceed to Operations > Message Center.
Select the New Entry button in the bottom left hand corner of the screen.
- Check the box next to Create as a Task
- Select the date when the Task is due (Use the drop down calendar to select the date)
- Manually enter the time using a 24hr clock format (ie: for 5pm, enter 17:00)
In this example, a General Task will be created.
There is an option to set up to two reminders for this task, a few days, hours, or minutes before the task is due.
- To set a reminder, check the box next to “Reminder #1” and select how far in advance the reminder should be set
- To set a 2nd reminder check the box next to “Reminder #2” and and select how far in advance the 2nd reminder should be set
The task can also be set as a Repeatable Task. To do this, check the box next to Task is Repeatable and then fill out the following:
- Repeats – select how often the task should Repeat (Daily, Weekly or Monthly)
- Repeats Every – how often will this task repeat (ie: every 2 days? every 1 week on Monday & Wednesday? every 6 months?)
- Repeat On – this option only appears when the Repeat Every is set to Weekly. This provides the option to select which days of the week the task will repeat.
Ends – the task can be set to end:
- After a Specific # of Repeats
- After a Specific Date
- Repeat Ends – appears if the Ends is set to After a Specific Date. Use the drop down menu to select the date when the task will end
- Create – this feature will display the task under the My Tasks tab only X days prior to when it is due. This feature is extremely useful for repeatable tasks so the people the task is being set up for do not end up with a long list of upcoming tasks under the My Tasks tab.
You have 4 options in regards to Message Recipients:
To send the task to yourself ONLY
- check the box beside Add to My Tasks Listing only
To send the task to yourself & all your Clerks
- check the box beside Add to My Tasks Listing
- check the box next to All Staff
To send the task Everyone but yourself
- do NOT check the box next to Add to My Tasks Listing
- check the box next to All Staff
To send the task to selected Clerks
- check the box next to the specific Clerk(s) to set this task for. If Departments have been setup, select the Department(s) to send the message to
Lastly, fill in the Subject and information regarding the Task and then select Send to save and send your task to all recipients.
The task will then appear under the My Tasks tab for all recipients.
NOTE: Tasks are deleted from the PMS 30 days after they are completed.
The task will also appear under the Sent Items tab. It will show the title of the Task, how many people the task was sent to (8 people) and how many have read the task so far (0 people).
By double clicking on the task (either under the My Tasks tab or under the Sent Items tab), the task will open. Within the task there are several options:
- Set Task as Complete? - Checking this box marks the task as complete, and will insert a comment to let everyone know that it has been completed (by the person that checked it). NOTE: Tasks are automatically deleted from the PMS 30 days after they have been completed.
- Add Comment – click to add a comment to this task without completing it
- Who’s Read? - click to view who's read the task
- Delete – click to delete the task. NOTE: Only the person that set the task can delete the task
- Edit – click to edit the task. NOTE: Only the person that set the task can edit the task
NOTE: The Operations Clerk Permission - 1553 Allow View/Edit of Tasks by Other Users allows a user that has the permission to view/edit/delete tasks created by other users (by doing a Search under the “Sent Items” tab for tasks that are “Created By” a selected User). If a task that has been read by other users is deleted, a message will be sent to those users to notify them that the task has been deleted.