The following article explains the various steps that can be taken to change an In House reservation.
Once a guest is In House, you may make changes to their reservation by selecting the "Change Stay" button at the top of the screen (ensure the arrow is pointing towards the name of the guest whose reservation it is that you wish to change).
In order to make any changes to the Room Rate, Room Type, Client Type, Departure Date, Adults/Children or Room Number, you must first uncheck the box under the "Book" column.
Once the checkbox under the "Book" column has been removed, you will be able to change the following information within the Calendar Tab:
- Client Type: if you select a new Client Type, you must select the "Refresh" button so that the Inventory & Rates for that Client Type may load
- Room Charge Code: if you change the Room Charge Code on an In House Reservation, the new Room Charge will only apply to Room Charges that occur from today through the end of the guest stay. It will not affect Room Charges that have already been posted in the PMS. These Room Charges would need to be adjusted manually
- Nights/Departure Date: if you alter the number of nights (which would also change the departure date) then you must select the "Refresh" button afterward so that the correct Inventory & Rates for that time period may load
- Adults/Children: if you alter the number of adults/children then you must select the "Refresh" button afterward so that the Rates may updated appropriately if needed.
- Room Number: a new room number can be selected from the drop down menu to the right of your screen. NOTE: You cannot change a guest's room number on the day of departure.
- Rate Plan: a new rate plan can be selected at any time. NOTE: The new Rate Plan will only go into effect today and will not change any Room Charges that have already posted on the Guest Folio. If you are overriding a Rate Plan, again, the new rate will only affect Room Charges from today through the end of the guest stay, it will not affect any Room Charges that have already posted.
- Room Type: after you uncheck the box under the "Book" column, select the "Refresh" button to reload your Inventory. After inventory is reloaded, you may select a new Room Type (NOTE: You will need to select a new Rate Plan first).
After the desired changes have been made, check the box under the "Book" column that corresponds with the Room Type for the reservation. Select the OK button to save changes.
NOTE: You do NOT have to uncheck the box under the "Book" column to make changes in the Guest Info, Services, Travel Agent, Guest Share, Routing or Tasks tabs. You may enter these tabs directly, make the appropriate changes and then select the OK button to save.