In this Article we will show a scenario for a reservations that have multiple guests’ setup under Shares and billing has been setup so that Room Charges split equally upon checkout.
Locate correct Reservation
First locate the reservation that you wish to check out, ensure the black arrow is pointing towards the reservation.
Select the Check Out button located at the top of the screen (or select the F6 function key) to begin the checkout process.
The next step will be to check the box under Post pmt here to indicate that this is the folio where you wish to post the payment. Select the method of payment the guest wishes to use and hit Check-out
Repeat Steps 1 & 2 to check out folio 2. Note that folio 2 disappears from the check-out screen once the bill has been paid.
Printing the Folios
0 – All folios:
- Prints all folios on one combined bill. Below is what each folio will look like when printed. This folio shows all the charges combined (0 – All Folios). The name on this folio will always be that of the Master Guest.
Folio 1 – Peter Pan:
- This folio shows Mr. Pan’s charges, which are his 3rd of the room & tax as well as a valet parking charge.
- Notice how the full night’s room & tax posted onto his guest room account and then it shows the two transfers to indicate that 2/3rds of the room & tax were transferred to folio 2 & 3
Folio 2 – Captain Hook:
- This folio shows Mr. Hook’s charges, which are his 3rd of room & tax as well as a phone call.
- Remember the phone call was automatically posted to the guest room account and therefore originally went to folio 1. The charge shows that it was transferred from folio 5973/1 (which is Peter Pan’s Res ID 5973 and folio number 1)
Folio 3 – Wendy Darling:
- This folio shows Ms. Darling’s charges, which are her 3rd of the room & tax as well as a Spa Treatment charge.
- Notice how the Spa Treatment charge does not show as being a transfer. This is because we posted this charge manually to the guests account and when posting we selected it to go to folio 3