For Version 8.9 Build 0.1
New Features and Improvements:
Rate Override/Variance Functionality
It’s important to know why rates are being changed in RoomKey and who made those changes. To help keep track of rates that have been overridden in RoomKey a new Rate Override/Variance Functionality has been created. If a Clerk chooses to override a rate, they will now be required to select the reason for the override before they can proceed with the change. A corresponding report displaying the Rate Override information can be found under Reports -> Audits -> Rate Override/Variance Report. For more information on this new functionality & how to enter your custom Override Reasons into RoomKey - CLICK HERE.
Knowing why guests are choosing not to stay at your property or why you are turning away their business is important to track. The new Abandonment Feature allows you to track the reasons why reservations are not completed (abandoned). This feature is a property wide feature, once activated, it will apply to everyone using RoomKey at your property. For this reason, should you wish to activate this feature, please contact RoomKey Support at [email protected] to have it activated for your property. To learn more about this new feature - CLICK HERE
Group Rooming List Shares
Group Wizard Rates
And to make the process even easier, you can now Override the rates on a selected Default Rate Plan for a specific Group. You may choose to override the rate for the entire group dates, or just increase/decrease rates for Pre/Post Nights.
To learn more about the new functionality of the Rates Tab in the Group Wizard:
Maintenance Module Room Type Search
Searching for a Room Number is now easier in the Maintenance Module. A Room Type called “All Room Types” will now be available and when this Room Type is selected, all Room Numbers available in Roomkey will appear in the Room Number drop down menu. This change was implemented for staff who may not be familiar with which Room Numbers belong to specific Room Types.
Repeat Guest Identifier
Repeat guests always appreciate being recognized - for this reason, a new column has been added to RoomKey’s main screen that will help staff easily identify repeat guests. Another bonus, if you double click on the Repeat Guest icon, it will open up the Guest Profile Module so you can quickly view information regarding the guests past stays.
Sundry Sales Reference Field
BI Insight Pace Report (BETA)
We are excited to announce that soon a Pace Report will be available to clients using BI Insight Reporting. In order to ensure the report meets the needs of our clients, we are releasing this report first in a BETA mode. This will allow us to gather feedback from all customers before certifying the report for a full production-ready release. BETA means that you may find small bugs in this feature and we look forward to your feedback. Please send any feedback or bugs you find to our Support Team by emailing [email protected]
The Pace Report can be accessed in BI Insight Reporting via the Pace tab -> Annually Growth Comparison Report. To learn more about this new Pace Report - CLICK HERE
Tweaks and Defects Fixes:
We have also fixed a number of defects in RoomKey including:
- Shift4 Credit Card Interface Print Receipt - Shift4 Receipt printing can now be disabled by unchecking the “Print Receipt” box when performing a settlement on the Shift4 Interface. Once unchecked, the box will remain unchecked as a default setting. If you wish to print a Shift4 receipt, the box simply needs to be checked before selecting POST for your approval.
- Housekeeping Module - Defects created during last enhancement to Housekeeping Module have been addressed
- Tape Chart - After scrolling to the end of the Tape Chart, if “Next” was selected, the Tape Chart would go to the next month, but keep you at the end of the Tape Chart. This issue has now been addressed and you will now be brought back to the beginning of the Tape Chart after selecting “Next”.
- Transaction Code Module - Defects created by recent Transaction Code Module enhancements have been resolved.
- Group Rooming List Notes - Defect where an individual guest note would copy to all guests in a Group using the “Copy to All Reservations” button in the Group Rooming List has been fixed.
- SSL for BI Insights - The SSL Certificate for BI Insights has now been updated.
- Clerk & All Clerk Details Report - Issue of longer Room Numbers being cut off on the Clerk & All Clerk Details Reports has now been resolved.
- Optimize GDS Database Resync - Speed of GDS Database Resync’s has been increased to optimize GDS performance.
- Revenue by Room Type Report - Report has been tweaked so that it no longer moves revenue from one Room Type to another when Room Revenue is transferred between rooms.
- Wholesaler Blocks - Error message no longer occurs when changing a block from solid to transparent or vice versa.
- State Changing when Country of Nationality Selected - Defect where Province/State was reverting to Alabama/Alberta after a Country of Nationality was selected has been fixed.
- Shift4 Authorization - Issues with duplicate authorizations via the Shift4 Interface have now been resolved.
- Group Address on Guest Reservation - Defect where a Guests personal address was being overwritten by the Group address when a room number was assigned to a Reservation via the Group Wizard Rooming List has now been fixed.
- Currency Exchange Clarification - The terminology found on the Post Payment -> Currencies button has been updated to more clearly explain the required fields.
If you have any questions about these items please contact our support team at [email protected].