For Version 8.8 Build 0.1
New Features and Improvements:
New Permissions to Prevent Users from Checking Guests Into Dirty Room.
To help prevent staff from checking guests into dirty rooms, new Guest Management permissions have now been added under System Configuration -> Clerks. The new permissions are as follows:
- 2000 - Allow Check In to a Dirty Room - when given, this permission allows user to check a guest into a room when the Housekeeping Status is Dirty
- 2001 - Allow Room Moves to a Dirty Room- when given, this permission allows user to move a guest into a room when the Housekeeping Status is Dirty
- 2002 - Allow Check In to a Clean Room- when given, this permission allows user to check a guest into a room when the Housekeeping Status is Clean (not inspected)
- 2003 - Allow Room Moves to a Clean Room- when given, this permission allows user to check a guest into a room when the Housekeeping Status is Clean (not inspected)
NOTE: These permissions will be given to all Clerks as a system default as RoomKey currently allows Clerks to check in/move guests into dirty/clean (not inspected) rooms if they wish. In order to prevent staff from being able to check in/move guests into a dirty/clean (not inspected) room, you would TAKE these permissions away.
Group Cut Off Day
Transaction Code Module
To help prevent data entry errors that would cause RoomKey’s Essential Balancing to go out of balance, the following enhancements have been made to the Transaction Codes Module:
Once General Ledger Accounts are attached to a Transaction Code they should NOT be removed as it causes discrepancies with Essential Balancing. For this reason, the new Clerks Permission 853 - Transaction Codes - Delete GL Accounts has been added to RoomKey. You can only remove General Ledger Accounts if you have this permission (and General Ledger Accounts should NEVER be removed once a Transaction Codes has been used as this will cause an Unknown to appear on your Journal Entry Report.).
Transaction Codes can no longer be made active unless General Ledger Accounts have been attached.
When creating new Transaction Codes, after you select “Insert” to attach your General Ledger Accounts to your Transaction Code, the A/R Guest and A/R City General Ledger Accounts will now pre-populate in the correct Debit/Credit fields. You will now only be required to fill in the General Ledger Account that corresponds with the Transaction Code you are creating. For the updated steps on How to Create a New Transaction Code please consult RoomKey Smart Support located under your RoomKey Help Menu or CLICK HERE to review our Transaction Codes Module Training Document.
Packages Rates on Trip Connect
To allow properties more variety we have now included the ability to offer a Package via Trip Connect instead of a Rate Plan. Should you wish to offer a Package via your Trip Connect Interface instead of a Rate Plan, please contact Support at [email protected]. If you are interested in signing up for a Trip Connect Interface with Trip Advisor, please contact our Sales Team at [email protected].
Medallia Launchpad Interface
RoomKey has integrated with Medallia Launchpad, a web-based product that allows hotel’s to monitor and manage their reputation online. This interface will allow you to easily trigger surveys to customer’s once a check-out is completed in RoomKey. If you are interested in learning more about this product or signing up for a Medallia, please contact our Sales Team at [email protected].
Guest Driven Interface
RoomKey has integrated with Guest Driven, a guest engagement software solution to engage your guests before during and after their stay. If you are interested in learning more about this product or signing up for a Guest Driven, please contact our Sales Team at [email protected].
Jack Rabbit Interface
RoomKey has integrated with Jack Rabbit Systems (http://www.jackrabbitsystems.com/). This interface securely provides rate and inventory to feed Jack Rabbit’s two products:
- Book Direct - A listings product that will includes your hotel’s rates and availability on government DMO sites (i.e. www.visitmilwaukee.org).
- Meta Direct - A Metasearch advertising product that gets their direct hotel booking link onto sites like TripAdvisor, Google HPA, and Trivago.
If you are interested in learning more about this product or signing up for this interface, please contact our Sales Team at [email protected]. To utilize this interface you will need both the connection with RoomKey and the product from Jack Rabbit. Please contact Jack Rabbit at http://www.jackrabbitsystems.com/about-us/contact-us/.
Tweaks and Defects Fixes:
We have also fixed a number of defects in RoomKey including:
- We have also fixed a number of defects in RoomKey including:
- F3 will now open Advance Search - The Advance Search area of RoomKey is now accessible by using your F3 Hot Key. The old F3 Search will still be available under the Search Menu, but will be phased out of RoomKey in an upcoming release once Advance Search is updated to contain the same information as the old Search feature.
- Flashing Refresh Button - When modifying an existing reservation, the Refresh button will now only flash should changes be made to the Client Type, Stay Dates or Number of Adults. It will no longer flash by simply uncheck the box located under the “Book” column
- Maintenance Module Delete button removed - due to Rooms remaining out of order when Maintenance Requests are incorrectly deleted from RoomKey, the delete button has now been removed. Completed Maintenance Requests or Maintenance Requests entered by accident will now need to be modified and checked as “Done” to be removed from the Maintenance Module.
- Room Number Out of Order tab - this area was an old method of putting rooms Out of Order in RoomKey and has since been replaced by the Maintenance Module. This area is now no longer available in RoomKey and all Clients will be required to use the Maintenance Module (Operations -> Maintenance Module -> Room Maintenance) should they wish to take rooms out of service.
- Contacts & Preferences tab renamed - Under System Configuration -> Property, the Contacts & Preferences tab has now been renamed “Preferences”
- Rate Wizard Tweak - Currently when creating a new Rate Plan in the Rate Wizard, after you select “Create” you are brought back to the 1st Rate Plan in your Rate Wizard list, not the one you just created. This issue has now been addressed - after a new Rate Plan is created, RoomKey will return that Rate Plan in the Rate Wizard list.
- Posting Charges/Payments - When posting Charges/Payments in RoomKey, Transaction Codes in the Code drop down menu will now appear in Alphabetical Order if no specific Sort Order number has been assigned.
- Guest Services Permission - The Clerk Permission 605 - Guest Services is intended to remove access to the Guest Services Module in RoomKey (System Configuration -> Guest Services). It was also removing access to the Guest Services Reports found under Reports -> Guest Services. This permission has now been modified to exclude the Guest Services Report and only include the actual Guest Services Module.
- Group Wizard Block Tab - Previously if you wanted to change the dates on a Group arriving today, the “Edit” button in the #4 Block tab would be grayed out and would prevent you from changing the Group Dates. This issue has now been addressed.
- Room Inventory Detail Report - Issue where Block Header information was not appearing when report was more than 2 pages has been resolved.
- City Ledger Invoice/Statement - Previous release caused a dash (-) to appear in front of the Invoice number on a printed Invoice/Statement, this issue has now been resolved.
- Long Term Stay/Discounts - these fields are no longer available in RoomKey as these features are now obsolete
- PDI/RMS Accounting Export - additional fields are now available for properties who use this Accounting Export
If you have any questions about these items please contact our support team at [email protected].